Sunday, January 23, 2011

Primary Classroom Calendar with Our Special Helper

Every day as in most Primary classrooms we have Calendar time. Our special helper gets to lead calendar. We put up the number for the date, and do various counting and reading activities connected with the calendar and weather.
In our class we also tack on "Kind Words" at the end of the Calendar Time and before we do our Show and Tell. This activity builds self esteem, community and friendship as well as mutual respect.
I hope you enjoy our Calendar and would appreciate any feedback. I did not include the beginning of the calendar time or the show and tell in order to make the length more practical for blog viewing.
As you can see we had a very capable helper, it seems she may be a future teacher!

2 comments:

  1. Too cute!
    An early childhood educator in the making :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding, I popped by your blog and love your layout Lol. It really does fit the kids theme. I also followed you, nice blog you have there. I am pretty new with this one.
    Thanks for taking the time to post a comment.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and feedback. Thanks for your interest.